i'm a list maker.
i make lists of the lists i need to make.
i've even put things on my "to do" list that are almost finished so i'll have more things to cross off sooner.
if i don't write things down, i don't remember them. i have no follow-through.
so, i thought it'd be a good idea to put my resolutions on paper (so to speak).
here they are:
1. quit being inspired and be inspiring - yes, if you follow it, you know this is on my fat-girl blog, too. i spend hours upon hours looking through books, magazines, and websites. looking at and for beautiful things that spark my creative interest. but do i do or make any of them??? nope. sure don't. time for that to change. this year i want to spend less time hoarding craft supplies and more time using them.
2. finish projects - this kind of piggy-backs on #1. i have lots of things i've started that i've never finished because i get too busy/distracted/overwhelmed. 2011 is going to be the "year of completion".
3. be consistent - this is a mom/teacher goal. i make a lot of statements to encourage/discipline my kids (my actual kids and my school kids). then, i give them another chance. this year, i'm working hard on only saying what i mean....only saying things i can/will follow through on.
4. institute family night - i've managed to organize a ladies' night once a month for the past year. why can't i do the same for my family? at least once a month, it's family-driven fun. movies, games, the girls' choice of meals, visiting someone's house...whatever. spending time together has to become more of a priority for me.
5. save $$$ - i am baaaaaaaaad at saving $$. so my goal this year is to get into the habit of putting a little bit back each paycheck. i'm not sure i can set a specific amount because, let's face it, i'm one of the millions of "working poor". we make ends meet, but it's paycheck to paycheck...every penny counts. some weeks, i might only be able to put aside $10...some weeks $50. whatever it is, it will all add up in the end.
6. scrap 1 page a week - i am absolutely, completely, totally, 100%, certifiably addicted to scrapbooking and all of the amazing and fun supplies created for this craft. too bad i only use them about once every few months. i even have a scrapbook room! too bad i'm hardly ever in it. not any more folks. this year, i resolve to scrap at least 1 page a week. with a space devoted to my craft where i can leave things lay if they're not finished, i should have no problem completing one page a week. i hope...
i do have a few more resolutions, but those are all over on my fat girl blog.
it seems like a lot, but i think it's something i'll be able to accomplish.
here's to an inspiring, project-finishing, consistent, family-night-filled, money-saving, scrapping New Year!