Tuesday, September 11, 2007

where were you...

when the world stopped turning?

do you remember that song?
you know...the one that talks about September 11th...
the one that says "were you teaching a class full of innocent children...?"

it gets me every time.

because i was a teaching a class full of innocent children...
because i found out the day before 9/11 that i was pregnant with jaden...
because what they did to us, what they took from us that day can NEVER be forgotten..

it breaks my heart that i can't discuss it in my classroom (the students are too young)...
...that i can't talk to my daughter about it (so that she'll really understands it) until she's older...
...that it really happened, and i watched the whole thing with my own eyes


i will never forget

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It was a very sad day that we will always remember. :(

Michelle said...

You've been tagged! Write 6 interesting things about yourself and then tag 6 others.