Friday, July 29, 2011

back to school...

is WAAAAAYYY too close for comfort.
i learned at the end of last year that i was being moved from 2nd grade to 5th.
so, in preparation, i've been making some of my own room decor.

i've been scouring thrift stores for old atlases and maps, which i've been using to cover anything that will stand still.

dollar spot black office passes...turned hall passes.
$1 michael's wood cut outs...turned bathroom passes.
and a fun #5 just because.
i've also been collecting cheap tins.
painted them white so the patterns wouldn't show through...turned pencil, pen, and marker cups.

7 comments:

jessica said...

What a neat idea!! Love it :)

Kristi said...

I'm so jealous of your thrift store finds! Cute stuff!

aja said...

thanks ladies!! thrifting is my favorite past-time! it's probably why my basement looks like the aisles of a goodwill. lol!

Rhanowell said...

Cutest things EVER! Way to put your own spin on things that could be "blah" if left to their own devices.

Sew Flippin Cool said...

Lovely idea! Thanks for sharing it. I've posted it on my blog, The Handmade Experiment http://wp.me/pkcUM-Of. Feel free to grab a button if you want to share the linky love. Have a great week!

Vanessa said...

How gorgeous--I picked up an old atlas last year and have been meaning to do something with it--I think I just found it. :)

vanessa

aja said...

thanks, again, ladies!
have fun covering anything and everything that will stand still in old maps. lol!