Saturday, July 16, 2011

thrifting thursdays and craft fridays...

the girls and i decided to add thrifting thursdays and craft fridays to our summer to-do list...
so, thursdays, we hit the garage sales and my favorite thrift store, valley thrift.

last thursday was the best day yet...just look at all the goodies we found!
the ceiling medallions and frames were only a buck each! and the little wicker shelf was 75 cents.
another find...vintage hankies.
which i turned into this:
our craft fridays consist mostly of me spray-painting things while the girls do some sort of art/craft project. (if it doesn't move, i can and will paint it,)
now the girls have a mail center above their desk...
found this chip & dip bowl for $1.
turned it into lulu's new bed...
one of my favorite finds! my $1 frame (painted, of course) and letters from hobby lobby (50% off last week!).

another favorite find...$1 ceiling medallion. i think i'm going to add more to this wall, but i'm debating on what it should be. pictures? more medallions? hmmm...we'll see.
and i finally used these turquoise tweed fabric from the thrift store to recover our old, grungy, ripped up ottoman.

can't wait til next week!!!

9 comments:

Lora said...

wow! i'm amazed! what great finds, and you are SO CREATIVE! i love what you made with the vintage hankies and also what the girls made with those antique mailboxes. how awesome! thanks for sharing. :)

aja said...

thank you Lora!!

Becky said...

I love the you & me sign. What size of frame is that?

Paige said...

Hi! I was lead here through Pinterest. I LOVE your "you&me" sign above your bed. I am going to attempt to create one for our bedroom. Thank you for the inspiration! And your yard sale finds are amazing. I love thrifting. :-)

aja said...

thank you paige!
becky...I'm not certain. I never measured it...just happened upon it at a yard sale. scored for $1!!

mrskarag said...

Hi I had a question about your "you&me" letters. What size are the letters and the "&" symbol? I looked on the hobby lobby website all I can find are the 12"x12" & symbol and 12"letters but it looks like you have two different sizes...

Mrs. Van Haaften said...

How did you hang the letters on the wall?

hbettis said...

I was wondering the same for the you&me framed decor. On the hobby lobby website, http://shop.hobbylobby.com, you can find the letters. Go under crafts then small wood. They have 6" letters. Just wanted to share.

Unknown said...

The You & Me is awesome! I Pin'd it. :)